I Love Advent Calendars, I literally cannot remember a year I only had one! When I was a tiny toddler I always had at least 1 pictorial traditional card calendar and 1 chocolate calendar (Usually featuring Scooby Doo!) However things didn’t stop there throughout my childhood; I also had multiple Playmobil Calendars- Ice Hockey, Santas Workshop, Christmas Market and Princess Unicorn to be precise!, 1 Polly Pocket calendar, 4 hand filled calendars from my mum,1 Colour in Advent Calendar, 1 cracker nativity Advent Calendar and that’s not even mentioning free advent activity calendars from school, my heirloom reusable add a decoration tree calendar and online or App calendars!
In more recent years I had a Beauty Calendar from Sugar and Spice and one from The Body Shop. As a vegan the Body Shop Calendar was the closest I could find to a fully vegan Beauty calendar last year- I just gave away products containing beeswax, however this year the choice is much wider, so I am going to start this list with the Beauty and Cosmetics type calendars I have found on the market for you!
- Makeup Revolution Calendar- £45 Superdrug Stores nationwide. This Makeup Revolution Calendar from Superdrug contains 25 products from the Makeup Revolution range. There is also a ‘to die for’ £85 version which comes with not only full size cosmetics but also a reusable beauty chest and some full size pallets!
- Flutter Advent Calendar £12 Superdrug stores nationwide Superdrug also have offerings for younger cosmetics addicts- This cute ‘Flutter’ calendar contains 24 mini cosmetics products- perfect for the little girl who wants to start playing with makeup!
- Bomb Cosmetics Calendar- £20 Online, On Ebay and on Very.co.uk
This cute calendar contains 24 products from Bomb Cosmetics!, 24 mini soaps, bath bombs or massage bars. I love Bomb Cosmetics and there solid shampoo, bombs and massage bars are of a similar quality to lush and 100% cruelty free and free from animal products. I bet this smells super, and its less than £1 per day!
4. Lush 12 day calendar- £49.95
Lush of course also have a calendar- with 12 days of treats you could even give this as a gift for after Christmas. 12 full sized products are included!
5. Accessorize Nail Calendar – £30, Large Monsoon/Accessorize stores
This calendar is a nail polish like the one produced by Ciate however you get full size nail varnishes, in glitter, metallic and solid festive shades, rather than minnies and…. they aren’t tested on animals! hurrah
Other cruelty free cosmetic Calendars on the market include one from Technic and one from Tanya Burr but the above are my top picks!
Next up Jewelry calendars, even bigger this year I have selected a few to show you!
- Nutcracker Charm Advent Calendar £20- Not on the High Street
One of many add a charm calendars, this one contains 24 acrylic charms and a metal bracelet to adorn with them, isn’t the box pretty!
2. Jaliya Advent Calendar – £16.99 Amazon
If you want a calendar with whole pieces of Jewelry, I prefer this one to the Topshop offering, It includes Sterling Silver plated pieces, and the packaging is very classy.
3. Smart Jewel charm and bead calendar- £11 amazon.co.uk
This calendar contains a necklace and bracelet, charms and European beads with a cord, not to mention a cute ring! Amazing value costume Jewelry!
Next I will go on to mention other calendars I have seen which I think are something extra special.
- Tea Advent Calendar £19.95 Amazon
For the tea connoisseur in your life!
2. Smiggle Stationary Advent £20
Love stationary? This smiggle calendar is filled with pens, rulers, highlighters and more and looks really awesome!
4. Lego Starwars Calendar- Lego Store, Toy stores and Amazon.com
There has never been a better time to get one of these, celebrate the new Star Wars movie with Disney and Lego’s latest collaboration! Not just for kids!
Finally Chocolate calendars, Montezumas, Plamil, Holland and Barrett and Moo Free all have offerings but if you are looking for luxury then this is probably your best bet.
5. Hotel Chocolat Dark Chocolate Calendar
Filled with rich 70% dark chocolate shapes, this Hotel Chocolat Advent Calendar is actually very good value at just £12 in Hotel Chocolat stores nationwide!
What Advent Calendars are you, your kids, your parents, your partners or your pets getting this year? Have I inspired you?
Its nearly time for door opening, so buy one NOW before they are all gone.